onsdag 10 juli 2013

Second Life - Unexpected Success

A while ago I saw a notice in the group for the store "The White Armory" about a contest for finding "Miss TWA 2013". On a lark, I sent in a picture. Imagine my surprise when a few weeks later I find out that I made the quarter final. So I sent in a new picture, like the instructions said, still not really taking it too seriously. I figured perhaps there weren't that many entries and I got to the quarter final by default.

Yesterday I received a notecard that said I was now in the semi final, and with instructions on how to proceed. I suppose it could be another coincidence, perhaps enough people dropped out of the contest that I again passed through by default. In any case, I sent in my photos, but I have to say I am taking the contest a little more seriously now and starting to worry about the possibility that I might actually win.

Although honestly it's flattering that I've got this far even. I really hope I'll get to the final, especially after shooting my last two photos. In my efforts to make them as good as possible with the tools provided in-world, I crashed four times because I had the settings up higher than my crappy laptop can handle.

Anyway, I've posted the pictures below that I sent for the initial choice and for the quarter final. Decide for yourself if it's a coincidence or on purpose.

Enjoy your Second Life!


First photo submitted. The gown is 'Celtic Queen' by The White Armory.



Second photo submitted. This time I am wearing one of the new mesh gowns, of the White Tree series. This one is called 'Keeper of the White Tree'.


The third photo submitted, or rather one of two photos submitted for the semi-final. The theme was given as "Fairies at the bottom of the garden" and I chose to wear 'Stroke of Lightning' along with fiary wings, in a fairy garden.

The other photo of the semi-final set. One full body shot and one headshot was requested. The jewellery is from Chop Zuey, the eyes are from Curious Kitties, and the hair is from Tameless. I made the shape myself, the skin is a freebie from Tuty's.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar