måndag 15 juli 2013

Second Life - Hair Fair 2013



The huge Second Life Hair Fair started yesterday, but since absolutely everyone and all their friends were trying to get into the Hair Fair sims (four of them) yesterday, I decided to wait for a less laggy day to go. Today was much better and I popped in for a quick grab of the free gifts. Later on I will go back to have a good look around, but for now, let's see what the designers are giving away.

Now, I only picked up the hair gifts, since the few gifts that had mesh clothes were useless to me. But I am sure they are lovely, these are some very talented designers.

[COLORS] had a gift out of their hair 'E', and I was able to resize it handily into a more normal size (for me that is). Very cute pixie-like style, a little ruffled, with asymmetric ends. I will be using this one from time to time for sure. It came in lots of colours, but I stuck with white as that is the colour hair I normally use.


 The shop adoness had two hair gifts, both in black with a red streak. The first here is called 'pythoness' and is a short hair in a ruffled style. Quite nice, even though it is not my usual colour. I think I will even keep it, I may use it some time.


 The other hair from adoness was 'toffsy', also a bit of a ruffled style, but less so than the previous. Some curls in the back on this one, and a bit of volume. I liked this one better than 'pythoness' actually.


 Alice Project had a hair called 'Erika' (and 'Erika II', although I could see no difference) which came with two HUD:s to change the texture of the hair. There were a LOT of choices, and you get a preview function on the texture change where the HUD applies the texture for 60 seconds, before changing back. The unfortunate thing with this hair was that once you pick a texture, a bright red streak appears in the front. So you could use this as is, white, or you could just view it as a demo.


 Next was Alli&Ali, one of my favourite stores, since ALL their hair resizes to proper size (for me of course). Unlike last year, they didn't have any specific Petite hair in their gift, but as I just mentioned, their hair sizes down, so I resized a few of the styles to show you. There were many more hairs than what I have here, so by all means pop by and pick up your own goodie bag.

First there is 'Amandine' in Light Copper Blonde. Very sweet style, long updo I guess you could call it. A hair that would suit pretty much any style of clothing, from modern to medieval.


 Then there is 'Anderson' in Light Brown. A male style, but it works for women to, and looks exceptionally good on me, in my own opinion. Short, with a little flex on top and upswept bangs.


Another male style, and this is one I will keep, because it came in my colour. 'McCool' is a short hair with a little flex in the back and on top. A bit of a rocker style hair, I think, very stylish. Also works quite well for women as well as men.

And finally here is 'Ramona' in Split White-Black. A shoulder-length style that is literally split down the middle, half white and half black. A little unconventional, but very nice I think. This one is a keeper as well.

Amacci was giving away a pack of their hair 'Lova' and I'm showing off the version in white here. It came in many more colours. A somewhat severe bob with straight bangs, which resized perfectly. I think it sets off the pixie face of the Petite avatar quiet nicely.


From Bliensen + MaiTai we have another bob, this one with a bit of curl in the front. It is called 'Modern Times' and certainly has a modern feel to it. Me likey.





'Desiree' was one of the styles that Calico was giving away (well practically, it was 1L). It resized well, although I might have wanted it just a wee bit smaller if it had been possible, but it was not, so I will deal with it. 'Desiree' is a loose updo with a braid band across the front. This hair comes with two HUD:s for textures and seven (yes, you read it right, SEVEN(7)) HUD:s for changing the texture on the streaks. A lot of choices in other words.



Calico also had three other styles that I have not unpacked yet, but they look nice in the pictures. 'Denise', 'Mandy' and 'Renata', and I assume they also come with texture change HUD:s.


Clawtooth had a long style called 'Dear Heart' in three colours, Dreamy Red, Dusty Black, and Wheat, which is the one I am wearing in the pictures. Again, resized very well using Edit.

This next hair I think I will keep even though it is a bright green, but it is just so adorable. It is a bob with pigtails, with bows that come separate for the pigtails. It resizes very well using Edit and was easy to get into the right position on my little head. Can be worn with or without the bows.


Tameless had 'Dori' in their gift back, in Naturals. That means it is texture change in natural hair colours, like browns, blondes, and so on. I of course turned mine white. It resized, but again as with the other hair above I would have wanted it a wee bit smaller. However, it works. That is to say, it doesn't look like I have a dead animal on my head. 'Dori' is a loose style that is just short of shoulder-length, with a single hair pin holding the bangs. Nice flex and overall a cute hair.

 

And last, but not least, Vanity Hair. They were giving away a pack of 'Morea'. Here shown in Silver (what else?) it is a longer bob-type style with straight bangs and not much volume. With the short round face on the Petite avatars, this hair can make the face seem longer and thinner, adding a little variation to your avatar.


Well, there you have it, all the Hair Fair freebies that will work for a Petite avatar. My suggestion: go pick up some gifts and have a peek at the gorgeous hair available for sale from all these amazing designers. The best time to go will be right in the middle time, after the inital rush and before the panicked late-comers crowd in during the last two or three days.

Enjoy your Second Life!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar