fredag 7 mars 2014

No one watches TV anymore.

Through my most recent hook-up, Twitter, I have discovered a whole new universe of things. One
of them is web television. Thanks to Geek & Sundry I plunged head-first into watching some
very funny series, and now am even contributing in a small way by translating subtitles for
their new series Caper.

For someone like me, who never turns my TV on anymore, web TV is an excellent solution. It is
not so much that I do not like watching TV, I just hate commercial breaks, and dubbing, and
subtitles, and having no control over what comes on.

So being able to choose what I want to watch, when I want to watch it, pausing whenever I
need to, and not having to put up with commercials, well it is just awesome. Those TV
channels that put their content out on the Intertubes in addition to broadcasting it the
traditional way - kudos.

For those of us not in the U.S., and thus not able to use Hulu, YouTube is a great
alternative. I also discovered that Amazon has a web TV section with some exclusive web
series. One I personally enjoyed was Bosch, a new murder mystery police series. Not so much
because the concept is unique or anything, but I find the characters intriguing and would very
much like to learn more about them.

All in all I think Luke (Caper) hit the nail on the head when he said that "no one watches TV
anymore anyway. All the good stuff is on the Internet".

Thus I leave you with this list of web TV series from Wikipedia. Have fun.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar